Brought to you by the same trusted company that has eliminated flakes on tens of thousands of scalps in children of all ages—Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo & Body Wash.
Our dermatologist tested Daily Shampoo & Body Wash is A Pediatrician’s Solution® for soothing normal skin and dry, itchy, irritated, sensitive eczema prone skin for children of all ages. Happy Cappy Daily Shampoo & Body Wash is an excellent choice for children with atopic dermatitis which is commonly known as eczema. 1 in 10 children are affected by this condition .
This moisturizing non-soap cleanser is clinically tested and is free of skin irritants like fragrance, dye, alcohol, sulfates, phthalates, and preservatives known as parabens. In fact, over 95% of our ingredients are of natural plant-based origin. Ingredients were carefully selected for their soothing and smoothing properties—Oatmeal Extract, Licorice Root Extract for eczema, Aloe Vera, Provitamin B5, Glycerin, and Hyaluronic Acid. Happy Cappy is cruelty free and vegan.
Happy Cappy complies with pediatric dermatologist recommendations for eczema for 3 principal reasons:
- It is free of harsh cleansers like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)–this makes it a “non-soap.” SLS and SLES can strip skin of its natural moisture.
- This cleanser is hypoallergenic which refers to us not adding fragrance or any other scent masking ingredients. The use of the term hypoallergenic also refers to this product avoiding other common irritants found in many other brands of shampoos and body washes. See full ingredient list here.
- It has a low pH . Happy Cappy Daily Shampoo and Body Wash has a low pH (unlike most other soaps) to match the pH of normal skin, which preserves the barrier function, and antimicrobial activity of skin .
Generally, normal skin has a low pH (a pH from 4 to 6). Patients with eczema (atopic dermatitis) can have skin that becomes neutral to basic (high pH). The majority of soaps available on the market are basic (they have a pH of 9 to 10), and can alter negatively the pH of skin. Studies have shown, “maintaining a normal pH through appropriate therapy is well known to benefit disease states such as atopic dermatitis .”
For optimal results use with irritant free Happy Cappy Moisturizing Cream. The Daily Shampoo & Body Wash is an excellent companion to Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo & Body Wash.
1. Weston, W. & Howe, W., (2018). Atopic dermatitis (eczema): Pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. In R. Corona (Ed.), UpToDate. Retrieved on November 28, 2018, from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/atopic-dermatitis-eczema-pathogenesis-clinical-manifestations-and-diagnosis
2. Eichenfield LF, Tom WL, Berger TG, et al. Guidelines of care for the management of atopic dermatitis: section 2. Management and treatment of atopic dermatitis with topical therapies. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;71(1):116-32.
3. Panther, D., Jacob, S, The Importance of Acidification in Atopic Eczema: An Underexplored Avenue for Treatment. J Clin Med. 2015 May; 4(5): 970–978. Published online 2015 May 18.